Ryan is a respected sports Physiotherapist with 9 years of experience in the field. His education includes a Doctorate, as well as two Post Doctoral fellowships in Sports Medicine with the American Physical Therapy Association and their Sports Physical Therapy Section. He has also completed the highest level Diploma with Sports Physiotherapy Canada. Ryan works with all levels of athletes (as well as non-athletes), all types of joints and injuries, and has a particular interest in injuries of the hip and knee. He also provides two specialty services: professional bike fitting and return to play on field physiotherapy.
Ryan has spent 7 years in Vancouver covering many roles, mainly at UBC working with private patients, varsity Athletes, National Level athletes, and Professional athletes while he was the Vancouver Whitecaps II Head Therapist. He has 5 years experience in professional sports in lead roles as Head Therapist and Head Physical Therapist.
Ryan believes in using evidence-based treatment approaches to treat each patient individually, to help them return to performing in their sport and daily activities.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Bachelor of Science: Biology, Bachelor of Science: Natural Science
- American Board Sports Certified Specialist Residency - Idaho USA
- Board Certified Specialist American Physical Therapy Association – Sports Physical Therapy, SCS
- Diploma of Sport Physiotherapy - Sports Physiotherapy Canada
- Kevin Wilk Travelling Fellowship
- Sports First Responder/CPR – HCP/ 1st Aid
- Key Concepts of Bike Fit, Sports Physiotherapy of British Columbia
- Head Therapist Vancouver Whitecaps Football Club 2 (USL – Vancouver Whitecaps Affiliate) (2015-2017)
- Strength and Conditioning Coach Whitecaps FC 2 (2016-2017)
- Canadian Men’s National Field Hockey (2012-2014)
- UBC Varsity Athletics (2011-Current)
- Canadian Women’s National Soccer Team (Germany 2013, USA 2014)
- Idaho Steelheads (ECHL – Dallas Stars Affiliate) (2009-2011)
Professional Soccer in CPSL and Nationwide Conference (England) (2002-2004)
Head and Assistant Coach for Daemen College Soccer (2005-2009), North Van FC 2010’s (2014-current)
Former CAT 4 Road Cyclist, Avid Cyclist
“Old Timers” Hockey – Brewhouse Pounders